The Strata schemes Management Act 1996 came into effect on 1 July 1997 and has just undergone significant changes in November 2016.
The Act places certain responsibilities on the owner’s corporation that must be adhered to such as:
- Maintaining records of notices issued, minutes of meetings and motions.
- Keep financial records and statements, correspondence, and a complete strata roll.
- Obtaining and maintaining adequate insurance.
- Raise adequate levies to carry out duties.
To comply with legislation the services of a trained and qualified Strata Manager are imperative.
This is where Dependable Strata can help.
Safety and Maintenance
Our responsibility as Strata Managers begins with your safety in mind, followed by taking the necessary steps to ensure that your property is adequately maintained.
The safety of residents and guest in each strata lot is paramount to us, as such we at Dependable Strata will organize the following:
- Safety check of the premises.
- Fire compliance checks.
- Occupational Health and Safety Checks.
We will also ensure that the day to day and long term maintenance of the premises are attended to by:
- Contracting cleaners & Lawn & lift maintenance.
- Organizing repairs as required.
- Planning for future capital needs.
Financial Control and Record Keeping
Our goal is to maintain your property in optimum condition and efficiently manage and administer the day to day running of your strata scheme without excessive charges.
Dependable Strata will endeavor to obtain the best value for money when selecting trades people and professionals to carry out required maintenance and administrative work on your premises.
We undertake to:
- Budget for and recover levies to adequately cover expenses in proportion to the unit entitlements of each lot.
- Charge and recover interest on unpaid levies.
- Pay invoices incurred by the owner’s corporation.
- Maintain financial records.
As part of our service to you, Dependable Strata will plan for and chair the following:
- Annual General meetings.
- Extraordinary General meetings.
- Executive committee meetings.
We will ensure lot owners are notified in advance before each meeting takes place, prepare agendas and submissions, record minutes and ensure all required information is available and a quorum is formed for the meeting to take place.
Disputes and Conflict Resolutions
Strata living often brings people of diverse interests and backgrounds close together. Disagreements and disputes sometimes arise.
Dependable strata managers are trained to mediate to resolve disputes. We will:
- Issue notices to comply with by laws.
- Submit applications to and attend Mediation.
- Submit applications to and attend the Consumer, Trader, Tenancy Tribunal.